Monday 14 April 2008

Still Human Still Here

while looking for some more information as a follow up to the last post, I found this campaign from Amnesty International, there is also a short documentary on the subject from Nick Broomfield on this link

http://www.amnesty.org.uk/content.asp?categoryID=10398


Still Human Still Here is campaigning to end the destitution of refused asylum seekers. It just really makes me wonder where do you go when you literally have nothing? The stories you hear are far from typical stories of homelessness, if there is such a thing, what do you do when you've lost everything that we usually use to define ourselves: your family, your friends, any possessions, security, all your rights as an individual and any sense of familiar culture?




I've taken some books from the library on the subject which I've still to read and also asked for some more information on this and similar campaigns from Amnesty. This is not really the route I wanted to take with the project so I'm going to keep exploring with some more light hearted research and I also don't want to feel like I'm make light of something so serious but it is something which interests me.



No comments: