Thursday 10 January 2008

little light bulb


I finally found a use for my little light bulb today, its been kicking around in my bedroom for a long time but today it found a home on top of the public telephone in the Mac reception. Only makes me sad that it cant light up... but maybe that makes it more special

I found this second workshop really helpful, its made thinking about the space a lot easier for me. Until now its all felt a bit unreal but seeing everyones quick sculptures dotted around the school its become more exciting to think about what will be changed in a few weeks.

The hidden pieces especially appealed to me, there are so many subtle little changes all over the building i think its a nice thing to pick up on. It shows everyone has a respect for the school but also cant resist making their own wee mark. For instance, while i was sticking my light bulb onto the top of the phone i noticed someone had doodled a sort of constellation pattern onto the wall of the booth, but because the walls are a very dark grey/black the pencil marks only show when the light hits in just the right way.

1 comment:

Paul Cosgrove said...

well done, great first blog