Friday 9 October 2009

They are here

I had the opportunity to see a piece of work made by They are here recently at CCA. it was a really interesting and enjoyable exercise to witness, as the screening that i attended was the first that the participants had seen of the film, so there was a sort of nervous tension in the air. Seeing the changes that where made through each stage of filming was so interesting and really very funny at times, and on reflection I know there where pieces missing or being lost from start to finish but even my own immediate memory of it was so scrambled I couldn't pin point exactly what was wrong. In the introduction to the film the artists described the process as something a little "like Chinese whispers, but with film" and I can't think of a better way to describe it myself.

No comments: