Thursday 19 February 2009

Gina Pane


Gina Pane is another of the artists I found in the library, I really knew nothing about her work but her name came up relating to what I was researching. This was a good few weeks ago, then just the other day... now that I've planned what I want to do and am in the final stages of doing it... I was flicking through her book and found this piece of work. It's called (extending a wooden path (for going from one place to another for the purpose of communication)) 1970 and she is doing almost exactly what I am doing. The only thing that I can see different is the location and the material.
Part of me thinks it's really exciting and that maybe that means my ideas not so bad and the other part is a bit sad that it is practically identical and also everything I'm interested in has already been done in the 70's.

No comments: